Tuesday 29 January 2013

Nativity Silhouette

Sometimes I'm asked if Stampin' Up demonstrators are allowed to use other companies' stamping products.  The simple answer is 'yes'.  Most of my crafting supplies are Stampin' Up because I absolutely love the quality and vast range of products, not to mention I get 20% discount on my purchases (just one of the wonderful perks to being a demo!).

Occasionally though the odd non-SU thing does end up in my basket.  I also still have products from before I became a demo, which as a hoarder, I'm loathe to throw away.  I'm sure many of us can say we have a packet of mulberry paper lurking in our drawers from our early crafting days, and I am on a bit of mission to get through mine.





I made six cards of this design: three with the red, pink and yellow mulberry paper, two with the purple, cream and blue mulberry paper, and one black on white.  I have now made a third of my 'general' Christmas cards for 2013 --- happy face!!  Now I just have to remember not to sell them!

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge is looking for Nativity scenes this week so I'll be joining in the fun over there with these cards.
Edited to add: Hazel kindly suggested that I also link this card to her Christmas Challenge Extra where it's anything goes to prepare us all for Christmas 2013. Thanks Hazel!

People become a demonstrator with Stampin' Up for all sorts of reasons and getting that 20% discount is one of them.  Some people don't want to make a business out of it but just enjoy getting their own supplies at a better price.  If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a demonstrator, please do not hesitate to get in touch as this is the best time to join as you get even more in your starter kit (£162.50 worth of products for £99 to be precise).  I never pressure anyone to be a demonstrator but I can give you all the information for you to make a personal decision on whether or not it is the right thing for you.

Chuckle!!!

Thanks so much for visiting,

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous bold nativity scenes hun, the Mulberry works so well as a background (I have some stashed somewhere - oh the hours I spent feathering the edges of that stuff)! Gorgeous kitty too - know how he feels! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah Victoria .. I love this gorgeous .. where did you get the die cut of the nativity scene?? so niice.. I really love it!! Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards. I still love these traditional type cards.
    To be a SU demonstrator would be far too much temptation for me!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sihouette is gorgeous and a good way to use some of that mulberry paper (and, yes, I have quite a lot of that lurking in a box) - lovely cards - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 109 - you could also enter this into my new CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely set of cards Victoria, that's a super nativity silhouette. Well done for using up some of your stash! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mulberry paper....I used to use it on almost EVERYTHING and, yep.....there'll be some, lurkin' at the back of a drawer, heehee. This is a really lovely way to use it, Victoria....it creates a soft background for that striking silhouette......very inventive!
    I've been uber-busy, lately, but want to take a ickle peruse of what you've got on yer stall......feel like treatin' meself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab way to use the mulberry paper Victoria! I ran out a long time ago of it and I've never been able to get it in such gorgeous bright colours! All I've ever found locally is white with bits in it! Lovely cards will get you on the road to be ready for Christmas Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! What a great idea. Love your cat lol too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab set of cards Victoria, great way to use that paper up - I just gave away an unopened pack of mulberry paper as it was just NEVER going to get used lol! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Victoria. Good to "see" you again. A lovely set of cards and two pats on the back. One for getting organised for Xmas 2013 and two for using up your old stash. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking for my CHNC challenge extra for January - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the layers of colour, but there's also something very pleasing about the starker b&w version - get you with a third of the Christmas cards made already!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful, Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you! Using up your old stash of supplies AND creating gorgeous cards for next Xmas! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that mulberry paper background and I'm telling you right now I'm going to steal...er, CASE it for a couple of Christmas cards I have to do for a progressive challenge. I'm so not ready to do Christmas again for at least another month but this idea inspires me! Thanks so much, Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are very organised and very creative Victoria! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooops have loads of mulberry paper lurking in me drawers! I just think these cards are gorgeous - such a great idea for using up (a small portion in my case) these papers.

    These are really great.

    Hugs to you (love the picture of the cat)

    Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Have a lovely day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.